Thursday, June 9, 2016

14 Day Clean Eating Challenge


Summer is officially here and if you are like me, that seems to include a lot more sweet treats and special occasion foods! After some debate over jumping in and attempting Whole30, I decided to start on a smaller scale and invite others in on the journey.

This 14 day challenge is meant to be a simple way to make good quality, intentional food choices that will lead to successful eating patterns after completing the two weeks; including adding back in some of the foods we will eliminate. My hope for myself, and you, is that this serves as a reset and to kick off the summer in a healthy way emotionally, spiritually, and physically!


The challenge begins MONDAY June 13th and will finish Sunday, June 26th. I will be making a *private Facebook page* on Sunday, for those taking up the challenge, so we can cheer one another on, share new recipes, etc.

I don't know if there is a better time to focus on FRESH, whole foods than now. Farmer's Markets are opening and garden produce is growing in abundance in many areas. I am using an outline for the foods I am eliminating and focusing on from M is For Mama's blog.


Say good bye to these things:
|No processed food (no canned soup, no fast food, no chips, no pre-made salad dressings, etc.)
|No sugar
|No dairy/limited dairy (I plan to still eat plain greek yogurt and plain kefir, sweetened with stevia)
|No simple carbs (Think processed foods and sugars. I'm also eliminating maple syrup and raw honey)
|No bread/tortillas/pasta/oats (with the exception of steel-cut oats)
|Nothing but water

Say hello to your new favorites:
|Good fats, including (but not limited to) olive oil, coconut oil, and butter
|All veggies + fruits
|Meat (no frying/breading/processing)
|Eggs
|Brown Rice/Quinoa
|Legumes
|Nuts
|WATER (and decaffeinated herbal tea)


 Don't focus on what you can't have, focus on what you CAN have! Simple is the key! 

Here's to a healthier summer!

Olivia

*Don't have Facebook? No problem, leave your email address for inspiration and encouragement during the challenge! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments.