Monday, September 8, 2014

Life Changes [& playing catch up]

God has provided me with a great new opportunity. Ones that leave me with more spare time, so you would think I wouldn't have let weeks go past since I last posted. But blogging is one of those things I have to be in the mood to do. I can't just sit down and write. I always have pictures, but what are pictures without words right?
 I left my job as a nanny at the end of August. I've watched these kiddos for a little over 2 1/2 years. Now they are bigger and the need for me was growing smaller and smaller. But God had perfect timing, as I was offered a position as a teacher's assistant earlier in the summer, at a local Montessori school. I'm in the classroom with preschoolers and kindergarteners. I also still get to see these brown eyed beauties every day, making it a smooth transition from job to job. I'm also not hating being on a school schedule where I'm off everyday by mid-afternoon...not to mention holiday breaks and summer break! 

 In other news, I hung out locally this weekend since there was so much going on in our little county. Saturday morning started off with a 32 mile bike race with my friend Alex. Of course we did it on a rickety tandem that he bought off Craigslist for $60. It was a one speed and the brakes didn't work so hot, but we survived nevertheless, and he got second place in the costume contest. I, on the other hand, was not interested in dressing up....wool socks while riding a bike just sounded miserable. ha. Also, I learned that holding your bike over your head is a Lance Armstrong thing.

 We had sweet friends cheer for us at the finish line at the race and then treated us to lunch at The Old Arcana.

 Our downtown had an awesome car show this weekend. The downtown is blocked off and cars are line up and down both sides of the road.

 Car show with this beauty!
 God's glory displayed in one of my favorite ways, late summer sunsets.
And what would a blog post be without my sweet niece. I love when she naps with her hand on her belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments.