Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Blue Ribbon Red Raspberry Pie

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen the photo I posted last week of a crumble pie I baked for our county fair. Having never actually sampled the recipe myself, I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I have entered my share of baked goods into the fair over the years, normally a pie and fudge; some years I do well...others not so good. This year was a great year as I received 1st place for both pie and fudge! The fudge recipe is a secret family one, but the pie recipe can be found here: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/berry-streusel-pie. 

Making this pie again I would probably start off baking it completely covered with foil, and uncover it towards the end so the top wouldn't brown as much. I also added cinnamon to the crumble top and brushed an egg yolk/milk mixture to the crust before baking, even though the recipe calls for neither. 

More fair pictures coming in the near future! 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME Liv!!! I'm loving your fair results. So proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.