Thursday, April 24, 2014

Chocolate Sugar Cookies

Chocolate and cinnamon, how firm thy friendship. 

A-hem.

I present to you, delicious morsels of decedent, chocolatey goodness and calories.



While making sugar cookies for individual fruit pizza's for our college Bible study this weekend, I decided that some of them should probably be chocolate. So I did what any expert baker would do and whipped these up by guessing ingredients and....

oh just kidding, i googled a recipe for chocolate sugar cookies and came up with THIS gem of a recipe. I did follow her instructions nearly to a T, except for adding a sprinkling of cinnamon. Growing up on cold, dreary school days that stretched long into the afternoon, my mom would bring us mugs of hot coco with cinnamon and marshmallow cream melted in. And these smell just like that. I was a little scared of the texture of the dough right after I finished mixing it, but it ended up being great to work with.

I multiplied the recipe by 5 and that gave me about 44 cookies that are a little smaller than a CD in diameter. I also think it would be a great idea to roll these a little thinner and use them to make homemade ice cream sandwiches!

1 comment:

  1. these look uh-mazing, olivia. and homemade ice cream sandwiches?? yum!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.