Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baked Oatmeal [Recipe]

My sister recently shared this recipe with me and after sampling the ones she made, I knew I wanted to make some. This is super simple to make, using ingredients you probably already have. It's also one of those basic recipes that you can add multiple extra ingredients to depending on what your taste is and how adventurous you want to be.

 I added all my dry ingredients first-oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, chia seeds, and flax meal.
 Some optional ingredients- chopped pecans and semi sweet chocolate chips.
 Because I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, I did a trial batch by cutting the recipe in half and using an 8x8 pan.


Bake Oatmeal

Preheat oven to 350F 

3 cups oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt

Mix all the dry ingredients together. This is also the perfect time to add in anything like chia seeds, flax seeds/meal, wheat germ, etc. 

1 egg
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup honey
1 cup milk [can be substituted with almond milk]

Beat these together well and then stir into the dry ingredients. This is the time to add any nuts, chips [chocolate, peanut butter, cinnamon], dried fruit, raisins, etc.  After stirring those in, press it evenly into a sprayed 9x13 pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments.