Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sending Love, One Month at a Time

Yeah, it's me again. And I really am taking a blogging break--but the Lord has implanted this brilliant idea into my head and I wanted to share it and encourage you to join me!


It began a few days ago as I read this quote, "Humbleness, it turns out, is the most important leadership quality." It began a bunny trail of thoughts on humility and character qualities that encourage us to be humble. I'll let you speak for yourself, but buddy, I can always use to work on humility. I find one of the best ways to get my thoughts off of myself is by serving others, and one of the beautiful things about serving others is the multitude of ways that can look. This year I want to focus on other women in my life that need encouragement. Here's my plan of action: 

I am going to pick one woman a month, and send her one of the following: a book I think she would enjoy or would be an encouragement for her, a box of sunshine, a simple card with maybe a small coffee shop gift card, or flowers. If you're thinking, "I don't have the time, money, etc."...what about just committing to sending one encouraging card a month and let that person know you are praying for them? I think there is great power in the written word, so a little effort and a few words can go a long way. 

If you don't know what a box of sunshine is, it's a box [big or small] filled with all things yellow. I like adding yellow tissue paper and wrapping some of the items with yellow bakers twine. I've once been on the receiving end of a box of sunshine during a difficult season and it was such a blessing! And they are SO fun to make. I've compiled a list of things I like to include [not necessarily all in the same box], and Pinterest has some splendid ideas for these too! 

Candy [peanut m&m's, dots, Juicy Fruit gum]
Glass bottle of lemonade
Notecards
Socks
Lotion
Hand sanitizer
Chapstick
Flower seeds [for planting]
Nail polish
Headband
Ribbon
Post it notes
Tea mug 


For real this time, until April-ish, I will be on a blogging break. =)

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! So wanna do it but I'll need some accountability to actually complete it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. word. what a grand idea, olivia!! you're such a great example to me. <3 enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet post :) thank you so much for the encouraging comment you left on my blog! wish we lived near each other, and could train together :P

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a box of sunshine once and the woman loved it!!! Her son was so excited! Love the monthly idea. :)

    http://mermademoments.blogspot.com/2014/01/basket-of-sunshine-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to send flowers to your loved ones for a particular event, you must consider sending them online. You will always get highest quality services at most competitive prices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are to Send Flowers which suits your budget you have stepped into a right place because Delhi Florist is here to make sure you get exactly what you want in your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gift that is given to anyone is precious and no matter how much does it cost.Every special day can be celebrated with presenting fresh and beautifully decorated flower arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make presentable yourself at require place send fresh flowers and quality gifts through Bangalore Flowers World.We provide the facility according to your budget.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.