Sunday, November 17, 2013

Reflections


A few Fridays ago, I was finishing the work day by making the kiddos burn some energy by riding bikes before their mom got home. They have two ponds at their house and the sunrise and sunset are always so beautiful on them.

On that particular night, I marveled at how amazing it is that water can act as a mirror and so perfectly reflects the sky...even the color. It made me think about how Christ is the Living Water and how our lives should always be a reflection of Him.

A friend and I have recently been discussing how in today's Christian culture our generation is found to misuse and misunderstand the concept of freedom in Christ. And then there's the flip side of that being legalism. She said something that has stuck with me about how it's not as much about WHAT we do as Believers, but it's more about the WHY. Each persons what is going to be different; vocation, friends, hobbies, lifestyle, etc. but in the body of Christ, the why in life should be to glorify and honor God in everything we do. Our lives should radiate Christ, there should be something drastically different in how we live our lives, as opposed to the rest of the world.

"Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”" -John 4:13-14

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." -1 Corinthians 10:31


In unrelated news:
 My darling sister and I were going to be too early to something we had to be at Saturday, so we took a detour, ended up at Historic Bear's Mill's Christmas open house...which was perfect because I got my bosses' Christmas presents. Score!
& Thursday night she had her first shower thrown by her church ladies. So many ladies came & so many presents! Miss H will not go naked, that's for sure! 



Happy Monday--the countdown to Thanksgiving & a four day weekend is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments.