Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fitness Challenge // Week 1

Hello Loves,

First off, for the purpose of remaining connected throughout the next few weeks, it would be super beneficial if you could email me [livielulabelle92@aim.com] so I have your email addresses. 

Are you ready to start this adventure? To start us off I want to encourage you to check out some of my favorite fitness/health bloggers & instagram-ers.

Amanda at Fit Pregnancy & Parenting. [She ran a hilly half marathon 8 months pregnant...she knows her stuff and is a great resource for you momma's].

Mandy at Biblical Homemaking

Lindsey at Delighted Momma [she has awesome clean eating recipes]

Katherine at Kate Parker [she's a health coach as well!]

Clare at Peak313 Fitness blog & @clarepeak313 instagram [she has video workouts if you are unsure what you are wanting to do]

Michelle at Cross Training Couture blog & @michellelmyers & @crosstrainingcouture on instagram.

And for this weeks challenges, I want you to do 10 push-ups for every text you receive on Wednesday and on Friday I want 10 squats every time you have to go to the bathroom [drinking half your weight in ounces of water should be your goal and will send you to the bathroom enough times to make your legs and bum feel it.]

If you can convince someone else to join you for the day doing the push-ups or the squats, I will give you an extra entry for the drawing. =) 

One of the best things to make exercise into a habit is to set a specific goal with a specific end date in sight. It'll help you dig deeper, stay focused, and push through even when you're not 'feeling' like working out. I can easily talk myself out of a work out because I don't feel like working out, yet Scripture talks about the heart being deceitful above all things [Jer. 17:9], so trusting my heart and giving into what I am feeling [or technically not feeling] in a moment is a bad way to be consistent with a fitness routine. Pursue excellence in what you are doing and don't give up.

 Last year about this time I decided I was going to run a half marathon. & I really  am not a fan of running, but I made up my mind and committed to doing whatever it took to make that a reality. I hit the gym after work, I ran in the snow on Saturday mornings and Friday nights, and many times I just wanted to quit. But since I already paid the gym membership, paid for the half marathon, and told people I was doing one, I went through with it. But without that goal in mind to focus on and to keep me on track with a deadline, and people surrounding me to encourage and help me train I would never had made it. Don't hear me say you need to run a half marathon...if you want to, by all means do it! But maybe working towards a 5K or 10K is more your speed. Or just setting the goal of making exercise an essential part of your life from here on out. You decide!
crossing the finish line for the half was the best part of the race

& for the PRIZE at the end of all this,  one darling gal is getting a tank of her choice from Cross Training Couture. Michelle, that I mentioned above, has just started this company at the beginning of 2013 as a tool to spread the Gospel while working out. [in the case the winner is male or the prize is for other reasons determined to not be suitable by the winner, a substitute of equal value and awesomeness will gladly be found].


This one is my personal favorite....it's on my Christmas list...

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea, liv! i really didn't feel like it, but i ran this morning. thanks to people like you, y'all keep people like me feeling motivated.

    hope you're having a happy day! :)

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.