Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Adventure + Strawberry Lemonade Cookies

 I'm probably one of the few people that consider anything over 1.5hrs. of driving by myself a road trip. I might just call it that because I think going that far or father from home alone just screams adventure. Or, at 21, maybe it screams sheltered. Either way, I had too much fun in the solitude of my vehicle this past Saturday as I headed to visit my favorite red headed Hoosier, Miss Lynni Diehm.

I started off an hour later than I anticipated because I made a pit stop at my chiropractor so he could crack my neck. When a person has to take a 38lb. toddler to "Mommy & Me" swimming lessons and lift said child in and out of the water multiple times in a row, it can result in a seriously stiff neck.

There is this town north of me that has a barn dance at their county fair next Saturday night, the next weekend they have a rib fest, and the first weekend of September they have a hot air balloon festival. I feel like I should move there.




 Rainy start
Since this is what I considered a road trip, I made a pit stop for a Chai tea frappuccino only to get to my car and discover that my straw open skills are miserable and I have multiple slits up the sides of my straw. Fail.



 Shipshewana, Indiana at the Meno-Hof Museum...I totally think I could be Amish...for a week.

Back home in time for the gorgeous sunset. 


& if you follow me on Instagram, you saw these Friday with the promise of the recipe to come soon...so here it is:


Strawberry Lemonade Cookies:
 Ingredients:
1 lemon cake mix
1  strawberry cake mix
4  eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil (divided)
2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
1-2 tablespoons milk or water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.




Begin by making the two cake mixes. Pour the lemon cake mix into a large bowl and the strawberry cake mix in another bowl. To each cake mix, add 2 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice; mix until well blended. Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 20 minutes to firm slightly.



Remove batters from fridge, and take 2 rounded teaspoons of lemon batter and roll into a ball. Repeat with the strawberry batter. Gently roll the lemon and strawberry dough together to make one large ball.


Transfer the dough ball into a bowl with 1 cup of powdered sugar, and roll to lightly coat in sugar. Place on a parchment-covered baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough

.Bake each batch for 10 minutes, until they turn slightly golden and are cooked through. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before serving.To make the glaze (optional), whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of milk until combined. Add more milk to thin the glaze if needed. Drizzle with a zip-lock bag onto the cookies once they have reached room temperature



















1 comment:

  1. what a fun road trip! i SO enjoy going on long trips. so glad you had such an amazing time. :)

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.