Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sweetness Itself

 I have had a fairly blissful 8 days of work...only one left before reality hits again! I've divided my time up between being super busy and doing absolutely nothing. And it's been perfectly wonderful!
Yesterday I was featured on Erin's awesome blog, Sweetness Itself. I've been reading her writing for a little over a year now and she has become a dear friend. Her writing is laced with wisdom, truth, and encouragement.

I also spent yesterday with my cousin's darling munchkins. We hiked, had a picnic, played in the creek, and bought tons of candy at a penny candy store.

 They are so sweet and hilarious. 6 & 4 are good ages to be.
 Today was my "I am going to do absolutely nothing" day. Which started off by sleeping in almost to 9:30am. The latest I've slept all of these days off. I decided I was going to do some target shooting to hone in my rifle skills.
and as you can see I was quickly humbled by my lack thereof. I blame it on my lack of steadiness, less than perfect eye sight, and not being a superb shot. Need.more.practice.



I raced my first 10K this weekend...which was way too early for my liking. The race started at 7:30, which meant I was up by 6am. It was gorgeous weather and Brittney is such a sweet friend and great running partner....we talked the whole entire time! 

& apparently I need to increase my running...my in depth, brilliant thoughts and posts have been sorely lacking lately...and since they normally occur to me while running, I must not be doing enough. I do have two guest posts for you coming up in the next few weeks...one of which is my sister!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. hanging with munchkins is always fun! Esp if like in my family you have some that are 3 mths old. love baby sugar. :D Wow.... bet shooting was fun. That's a good way to take stress out on. Hope you have a good rest of the week.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. 3 mo are one of my favorite ages. They are alert but still just want to be held and snuggled!!

      Delete

I <3 comments.