Saturday, June 1, 2013

Monster Cookies [Turned Ice Cream Sandwiches]

I am currently enjoying day 3 out of 8 of vacation from work as the family I nanny for headed for Florida for the week. Free time = time spent in the kitchen! So I have several recipes that will get posted within the course of the next week or two. I have also added a [Recipe] tab above, making it easier for you to locate those I have already posted.

Monster Cookies
Yields 6 dozen

1 cup [2 sticks] butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. corn syrup
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 creamy peanut butter
4 1/2 quick-cooking rolled oats
4 cups mini M&M's [you can change this up however you want. 2 cups of regular M&M's with 2 cups of chocolate chips. you could do butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips. the skies the limit people.]

Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing between each addition. Add the vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until smooth. Add the oats and mix well. Add the M&M's slowly until evenly incorporated.

I used a cookie scoop and was able to fit 12 cookies on a sheet. I also love parchment paper, so I strongly advise using that to line your pans.

Bake until the edges are golden brown, 10-12 minutes. & wa-la...monster cookies. If you want to step them up a notch....add ice cream and make ice cream sandwiches...perfect for summer!Side note: I froze my cookies and assembled the ice cream sandwiches with them frozen, it might be just as simple to do them unfrozen, but I've not tried it so I'm not sure.

 
i tend to be crazy messy in the kitchen...and the best part is, our dishwasher is currently out of commission. yay for handwashing tons of baking dishes...not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments.