Paul Bunyan Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup [1 1/2 sticks] unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 king sized Hersey's milk chocolate bars, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 325F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.
3. Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended.
beat in the vanilla, egg, & egg yolk, until well mixed. Mix in the sifted, dry ingredients--
just until blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chunks by hand, using a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Drop cookies dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Approximetly
three inches apart...I suggest 4-5 on a sheet at a time.*
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes...until the edges are just turning golden brown. Cool on the
cookie sheets before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
*Helpful hint: To prevent cookies from spreading out and becoming too thin, before slipping the cookies into the oven, pop the cookie sheets with dough on it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
Yield: 16 cookies
Eat them while they are still warm with 1/2 gallon of milk. No joke peeps. These are amazing.
You can not go wrong when the cookie is the
same size as your hand & bigger than a cats head.