Monday, May 6, 2013

13.1 [Capital City 1/2 Marathon]

My first time to try Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.
Bramble berry crisp & almond caramel brickle
 Dinner outside by the river as the sun set.



 Milestone 229....if you are ever in Columbus, I strongly suggest doing dinner here.
Super delish. Go with the 229 Margherita Pizza.
 Got to check out the finish line the night before!
 6:15 rolled around and I popped out of the bed quicker than I ever have at that hour.
Excitement was pumping through me. 
& the sunrise was quite gorgeous!
 Pre-race
 Ready to roll

 We got a bit crazy at mile 8.




 Right after we finished



 2hrs. & 19min. which equals an average of 10:30 miles. Not as fast as we would have liked, but we were both still really happy.

I know for certain that my time would not have been as good if this gal had
not pushed me to keep moving. Miles 7-9 were especially killer....
but everything past 3 wasn't easy. Currently debating if I want to do
it again, or even a full one in the fall. Or just stick with strength, short runs, and biking.
I am running a 5K this coming Saturday morning & a 10K the first day of June.

 Awesome friends who got up early to come watch.




2 comments:

  1. Yay! Fun to see an update and some photos from your race. =) What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! girl congrats!! you look amazing even at the finish line--doesn't even look like you sweated. ;) so excited for you. :)

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.