Thursday, April 11, 2013

How did it get so late so soon? [vlog & insta-friday]

How did it get so late so soon?
 It's night before it's afternoon. 
December is here before it's June.
 My goodness how the time has flewn
 How did it get so late so soon?
 -Dr. Seuss

That quote is the story of my life. Somehow the minutes, hours, and days just sneak past me and before I know it, I find myself glancing over my shoulder trying to figure out how the time disappeared. It always amazes me how quickly 10 minutes go by when I am on the computer or reading or sleeping. 10 minutes on the dreadmill and it seems as though I have been there for hours! 

I have this issue of underestimating how long things take, and how long it takes to get from point A to point B. Especially as a nanny, I now fully understand why many mommas of small children are late places. Last minute diaper changes and temper tantrums just kinda pop up and before you know it, you are 15 minutes behind your schedule. 

Over the last year I have let my desire for not being late anywhere die. Somewhere I started valuing making sure my hair was just right before I left...even if meant I was going to be 10 minutes late. I over booked myself and over lapped things so that I wasn't fully present wherever I was because I was so focused on the next thing I had to go to.

I read something once that said the definition of punctuality was, "Showing high esteem for other people and their time." So my challenge for myself & for you is this, lets work on valuing other people's time above ourselves, in other words: putting others first. This could mean de-cluttering your life of unnecessary activities or pursuits. Or maybe just being wiser about how you spend your time and giving yourself ample time to arrive places.

& for what it's worth, better late than never. 

ps. 
Please take note of how youtube 
captures my very finest facial 
expression as the beginning
 phase of my videos.
Keepin' it real.

                           
take note: this was made a week ago...on a saturday, hence the happy saturday. ha
& i know it's illegal to text and drive...but make a video and drive, not too sure. o_0
so don't try this at home kids. 


 country drives means seeing lots of baby animals.

 afternoon pick me up: 1 cup frozen berries, 1 frozen banana, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, splash of milk & OJ. Bam. Healthy & delicious. 


 Best friends till the end. Love these girls.
& um, I might have a slight addiction to work out clothing. the newest purchase from Target....such a dangerous store. I'd be a poor women if there was one closer than 45 minutes.  




 xo 
liv


1 comment:

  1. you are absolutely adorable, girlie! thanks for stopping by my blog :) Hope you'll sign-up for the green smoothie challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.