Sunday, December 16, 2012

Random Act of [Awkward] Kindness

 looking like a bum & enduring awkwardness....

It's a Saturday afternoon and I'm in the kitchen baking cookies for our college Bible study's Christmas party tonight when the DPL guy comes to read the meter. Mom says I should go give him a cookie. So I grab a whipper snapper off the cooling rack and deliver it to him on the back porch--he was surprised and thanked me. I go back inside & continue cutting out cookies, Morgan saw him throw back a grin at me through the window. Next time I look up he's back in the yard and headed towards the back door. "Oh my word, why is he coming back?" I said. He thought the cookie was amazing and wanted the recipe...so he stepped inside and chatted with dad while mom scribbled the recipe down. He turns takes his leave and tells dad, "You are one lucky man. We close the door and I die of laughter.  Random act of kindness turned AWKWARD!

So if you want to make some awesome, awkward cookies and pass them out to strangers...here is the recipe:

Whippersnappers

1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 [8oz] bowl of cool whip
1 chocolate cake mix
 [you can actually use whatever flavor you want, but chocolate ones are a tradition for us.]

Using a mixer,ombine the cool whip, egg, and vanilla. 
Slowly incorporate the cake mix until everything is well
combined. Chill the dough in the fridge for 2 or more hours.
The longer the better, overnight even. The dough will still be
 fairly sticking and should be worked with quickly. Roll into 1in.
 balls and roll in powered sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 
350F for 10-12 minutes....in our oven it takes closer to 14 minutes.
so just use good baking judgement. =) They will set up some after
they cool.

xoxo
liv

1 comment:

I <3 comments.