Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Room Project & [real.life]

three days off of work = three days of painting
i always loved having a big room until i started noticing how many angles there are to our walls that need to be trimmed out.

lighter color done!
take note of how much i care about safety...plastic stool on a wood chair to reach above the window.
so.tired.of.painting
done with the trimming.

i of course painted with my hair down...and manged to get a good bit dipped in the paint...and that stuff doesn't just wash out.
finished completely at 11pm on friday.


so worth it....now onto the rest of my DIY projects for it. more painting, sewing, wall decor making & hanging....so finished pictures hopefully by Thanksgiving.


onto [real.life]

as much as i adore the color of my newly painted room
my dear mother can attest to my wishy-washy-ness when it came to picking a color.


20+ paint chips in the same shade family & i still wasn't sure.
imagine my horror when dad is getting ready to leave the drive way telling me to grab the paint chip for my room as he was headed to Lowes for the umpteenth time for something for the kitchen make-over. i grabbed the paint chip i thought i had decided on gave it to him, praying i would like the color.


um. well. me picking a color out for my bedroom is about as pleasant as shaving a pig.
no fun.


if there is one thing i really, really dislike. it's change. in general. and specific, my bedroom.
we can change the whole house, but please don't move the things on my shelf, desks, bed...
my bedroom furniture has been in the same place for the past 6, if not 10, years.
it was a daunting task to merely think about what to do with the rather large 2nd half of a room I needed to fill up with all of my sisters belonging's gone.


mom & morgan suggested i could move my dresser, my bed, just spread my stuff out.
let me be honest. having to take everything off the walls and move the furniture out to paint caused me alarm. let alone putting a whole new color on the walls.


i hate the smell of wet paint. especially at night. 
it takes me back to when I was younger. we painted our room 
'lace cap blue'. 
i hated the change.
i think i had a panic attack. 
i sobbed over it. 
and i have hated blue bedrooms ever since. 


change = surrendering control
surrendering control to a God who knows my future, who has a plan for my life, who knows the very number of hairs on my head should be an easy task. 
but it's not. 


change is inevitable
sometimes change is good.
sometimes change is not so good.
God is always good.


my fall has held way more change that I would have chosen for myself.


my sister got married and moved 18 minutes away
the marriage part-awesome-my sister not living in the same house-not so awesome
[wedding pictures can be seen here
Choose Gallery: MORGAN + CALEB | MARRIED
Enter Password: morgancaleb0902]



my brother headed out west to custom harvest the day after said sister's wedding
he loved it, it was good for him, but he was gone almost 2 months. and let's be honest, that's way to long for me to go without seeing my brother. 


reed & i ended our relationship.
i have never walked through a trial like this before. and though there is pain, the Lord has been so alive and active and i have experienced who He is in a much deeper way. I know Dear Sweet Sister was an encouragement to others, but that was wrote because i needed the reminders. my heart yearned to be refreshed by the Father's words. the Lord is teaching me so much through this, & for that, I am truly thankful.


surrendering control in every area of my life is a [huge] challenge for me.
i think it is for many of us.
but God is so gently working on me.
step by step. 



Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
-Deuteronomy 31:6
 
 
liv




3 comments:

  1. Furniture in the same place for 6-10 years? Oh Olivia, dear,dear Olivia. I guess I think of control in a different manner. I rearrange my house atleast once a month because I can. Regardless, I still think you're enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, sweet hon...so sorry about you and Reed. I wondered after that last post. So glad to see that you're depending on the Lord for strength. He'll get you through. :)!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I followed your link from Hav's blog. I didn't know you were still keeping up your blog and I sure enjoyed reading this post and can totally relate with not liking change. You have such a beautiful heart and are a great writer too! Here's another hug for all the changes you've experienced this year. And way to go on the paint job! That's a lot of work! I'll also be checking out C&M's wedding photos..still hoping to get a DVD from her. Alright, that's all for now. I just had to comment so you would know I'd been here and am thinking of you! =) Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.