Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sewing--

It's been ages since I pulled out the sewing machine and created something halfway decent. But as I mentioned in the last post, I had a one year old that was in great need of an awesome present. I wanted to give her something that she would potentially adore and love and drag around until it fell apart. I think I hit the nail on the proverbial head with this one, she's a big fan of it.

I bought a pack of pre-cut hexagons, definitely wouldn't have been worth it to cut all those out. Laid out my design, sewed them all together, and wa-la--instant baby quilt.

I wanted it to be super soft and snugly, so I used flannel for my backing. I stitched in the ditch around the edge between my quilt front and border. Then, I went around one of the hexagon flowers on the front to create a design on the back, also keeping it together. Hard to see, but one of the flowers actually was right in the middle of the back, unplanned perfection.

4 comments:

  1. So cool. Hopefully someday, I will be able to sew things like that!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh... I love it! You make the cutest things!

    ~Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! I am a fan of soft, cuddly blankets!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.