Saturday, January 21, 2012

A New Era--The Start of my 20th Year

 You know what's really awesome? When you're friends throw you a surprise party. Here's how it all went down. I planned my own birthday celebration--out to dinner with friends at The Cheesecake Factory. We were going the night after my birthday because one friend had to go to PA for a dress fitting for her sisters wedding. Logical story [and that's actually what she's doing this weekend]. Friends of ours had a little sister born the day after my 19th birthday and since we were going on to dinner on her 1st birthday, they were having a party for her the day before, on my birthday. I spent all day long working on a quilt to make sure I had it finished in time for the party. Confusing, I know, just keep following. So the place the birthday party is going to be at 'requires tennis shoes to be worn' according to my mom. So I put on a sweatshirt and tennis shoes--fairly low key--since I thought we were going to a 1st birthday party at a place called Jumpy's. Mom asks me if I am wearing what I have on to the party and why I straighten my hair, she thought I would curl it. This is the point I should have started to get suspicious. But I just thought she was being strange. So we get to the place called Jumpy's--it's a bunch of inflatables for kiddos-- and we head back to one of their 'party rooms' and I walk in and 15 or so people are screaming surprise at me. I was completely shocked and definitely confused. It left me speechless, out of breath, and weak in the knees. We actually played laser tag [which it is required that you wear tennis shoes] and came back to our house for the rest of the evening. I had asked the friend that I thought was in PA to throw me a surprise party....and actually told my mom and sister for the past 2 years or so....but I also always told them there was no way they could ever pull it off without me finding out--I always know stuff prematurely. But boy did they pull it off! We still went to Cheesecake factory the next night, extending the birthday celebration throughout the weekend. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday night awake trying to figure out if the weekend had really just happened or if it was all just a dream. Without a doubt, it was my best birthday, so far. A perfect way to ring in my 20's
I've thrown the gals on the end surprise parties here & here--so it was only fair that they got to be a part of mine!

apple cake per my request--made by my momma.


Future brother-in-law

sisters forever

The gal with the plan for the whole shindig. A fabulous friend and godly example--I love her to pieces--and she even made the cake. Oh, and I've thrown her a surprise party too.

 Christmas Eve was a gorgeous, freezing cold day, so Morgan & I took advantage of the late afternoon sunshine and did a photoshoot--for the fun of it....we took pictures of each other, but she has yet to edit hers. She got mine done and posted them on facebook and declared it my 20th birthday shoot. It works. haha. We were freezing but it was a great time, nonetheless.








2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like a fabulous party with some wonderful friends! I can't believe you're 20. I think you were Bailie's age when we first met. :) Time sure goes by fast.
    Those pictures of you are just beautiful, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds awesome..I love birthday celebrations. Your pictures are so cute and very good. How fun-even if it was freezing.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.