Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Parade Float Committee





Of course they had to put a John Deere & Case IH pig on there.


As Vice-President of our club, that makes me ahead of all committees...which I had forgot about when I voted for us to do the float. Today I gathered my committee members and worked on posters. Our theme is "Top Notch Club is Pulling for 4-H."  December 29th, 2011 John Warner was killed in a farming accident. He was spreading manure from his swine barn on a local field. He leaned over the PTO shaft to fix something and was pulled in by his coat strings. This set his family on a mission to raise awareness of the danger in mixing coat strings and farm equipment. Since John's younger brother is a part of our club, we took on "Pulling Strings for John" as one of our community projects. For each string our club members bring in our club is donating $0.25 to our local chapter of Farm Safety for Kids. We are using John's truck to pull our float which consists of an AWESOME pulling truck, hence, the pulling theme. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments.