Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fair 2010 {Showmanship 8.22.10}

 FairDay1-1

Showmanship: –noun: the skill or ability of a showman.

FairDay1-2

You ALWAYS want to make sure you turn around and get your pen latched.  FairDay1-3

Showmanship is, for sure, not my favorite day of show. It’s done by age level and so I am showing with those who’ve been doing it for 8yrs. or so. You have to keep your eye on the judge, watch your pig, & present your project.

FairDay1-5

Miss Shelby Anderson came in 2nd for showmanship…very surprised she didn’t get 1st {it was close}. She’s one gal that knows what she is doing.

FairDay1-8The judge.

FairDay1-4Jared told me that I needed to squat down in the pen, not sure what the purpose of it is but all the good showman do it. 

FairDay1-6

Another really good showman from our club, Tyler King. His family also got 3rd place for most helpful family in the barn. The Kings are always there to lend a hand with whatever. FairDay1-7This judge asked the older age divisions questions about the meat. I got asked where the hams were located, the number of hams, where the loin was, how many loins there were, and where the bacon comes from. I ended up with 7th place out of 16 people. I was pretty happy.

Pork question….without looking it up, where does the bacon come from?

More pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even see this question. The shoulders??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay Abigail...apparently no one saw it. =)

    The answer is actually the belly, most commonly. You can also get bacon from the jowl {the flabby part under the chin} but that's not as common because it's more fatty.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.