Sunday, June 6, 2010

100_0692

When it comes to homeschooling there are so many different stereotypes that people tend to judge those homeschooling their children or those who are homeschooled students. Long before Morgan was even in junior high mom started searching different programs for high school that would allow us to use our own curriculum and we would get a diploma. That was fairly hard to find. We ended up going through NARS {North Atlantic Regional School} located in Maine. You can start getting high school credit in the 8th grade {it may be 7th grade now} if the work the student is doing is actually high school level.  Because the school is in Maine, we had to follow Maine’s high school graduation requirements, along with Ohio’s. I ended with 30.25 credits and a 4.o…which I was very pleased about. =) If you are homeschooling/being homeschooled, I would encouraged you to check out NARS’s website.

Happy Graduation 2010 Seniors!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Olivia! I love the diploma. The program you did sounds somewhat like what my family does for our homeschool. We have used the ABeka DVD course for years and you can be enrolled and graduate from the Christian school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations Olivia!!! I understand the "stereotype" thing.;) Great score!
    Abigail
    P.S. I awarded you on my blog Amazed By Grace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congradulations Olivia!! Great job~ ☺

    Lydia

    www.livinglife4jesuschrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.