Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Surprise!!!! Part III {Cake Edition}

Isn't she just gorgeous?

Morgan gets the credit for decorating the outside....very creative, eh?

"HEY...Colton these are my candles to blow...not yours!"

Here it is...the cake in all of it's splendor. I got the idea from here.


Mine didn't turn out how I originally planned for it too but they girls loved it. All you do is take two white cake mixes and make them according to the box directions. Divide the batter 4 ways and add neon food coloring {we got ours at Krogers}. Some of the colors took 3/4 of the bottle while others only took a few drops to reach my desired shades. I used the cream cheese frosting given in the like above and froze my layers which made it easier to frost. If you try it let me know how it turns out.

6 comments:

  1. Out and In - the cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How did you get the inside to be multi-colored? I think it's a splendid idea.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That cake was awesome! You did a great job, and Morgan did a great job decorating it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was delicious...and I'm really glad the first time didn't turn out...mistakes taste reallllly good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! you both did a great job and it looks like you all had fun:)
    Enjoy those teen years before you know it you will be blogging about your kids and bemoaning your aching joints as the nights get cold!!:)
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomeness. Looks like you had fun! What a cute cake, I'm totally going to try that...

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.