Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The 153rd Great Darke County Fair

The definition of the Darke County Fair according to Mom: ” It’s like one big party where we get to see all of our friends everyday and I don’t have to cook or clean.  “

Fair Sing

We have 15 days until it officially opens but we get to be at the fairgrounds by Wednesday because we have a 4-H meeting in the swine barn that night. Because I enjoy making your mouth water, I will proceed to list my absolute favorite fair foods. =D

-Strawberry lemon shake-ups.


-Apple dumplin's from the stand across from the hog barn.


-Kettle corn.


-BBQ pulled pork sandwiches...w/ extra BBQ sauce.


-Sweet tea slushies

.
-Melon bowls...something refreshingly healthy after all of the junk.


-Cider slushies.


-$1 hot dogs from the church stand.


-Fiske fries...best when covered in salt (and for some, vinegar).

Sounds delish, huh?

Edit: Morgan’s

favorites also include:

Gerlach's chocolate homemade ice-cream

Apple banana caramel bowls

& Haley’s also includes:

Sweet iced tea.

8 comments:

  1. You just made me really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our mother would eat you alive if she knew you quoted her as saying 'I doesn't have to cook" !!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you forgot my favorites:
    Gerlach's chocolate homemade icecream AND apple banana caramel bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you left out: the Sweet Iced Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm!!!! you made me hungry too!!! =P =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. STOP WITH THE SWEET TEA AND HOME MADE YUMMY STUFF! CHANGE THE POST PICK ANOTHER SUBJECT!!!

    (think of the people on DIETS!!)

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum!! the main reason i go to the fairs...the food!! but my favorite would be corndogs/cotton candy!!! YUMMY. =D

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.