Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Quilt...

Remember this post? Well here is part of the quilt sewn together. The pictures are really bad because we took them with the computers web cam and the quality isn't the best. So far I've only had a few mishaps. Today I had to take out a whole row because I sewed it on the wrong way. Let's just say that the seam ripper and I have become good buddies throughout my time of working on it. What you do is cut out long strips of each of the fabrics. Sew them together. Cut out squares from those long strips and then sew those together in big strips and then sew the big strips all together. Catch all that? My friend, Jena, started out by sewing 2 of the little strips on the wrong way...but she surprised us all and finished her quilt top weeks ago. =D

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! The colors you picked are really pretty.
    ~hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I've only made two little quilts, and one isn't even finished. I doubt that it will ever get done... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww..... that's amazing! I started a quilt similar to that a long time ago...the pieces are sitting in my moms room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great job! I sure couldn't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother's wife is due around New Years. They're naming her Zoe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olivia,
    You did a great job on your quilt. I'am so proud of you. Keep up the good work.
    Love,
    Aunt Marian

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.