Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm A Big Kid Now...

You know how when your a little kid and a whole year seems to take forever??? As the older I get it seems like the years just fly by. Maybe it's because I can tell time now and I know how to use a calender and can keep track of the days of the week by myself. And yes, for those of you who were wondering, I've known how to do all of that for quite awhile now. I didn't just acquire my skills and decide to share them with the blogging world. Back to what I was talking about. There are times when I just wish I were 7, 10, or 14 again. Before I was aware of things in the world around me or had a complete understanding of politics and war. You know what I'm talking about. Back when my summers were filled with "Double Bubble" bubble gum, catching crawdads in the creek with my cousins, eating oreos in the hay field. Now it seems as if I start my summer and then BOOM, it's time for school again. I'm growing up and it's going way to fast. There are 3 songs that I love that capture my whole thought of slowing down and enjoying each day that comes instead of rushing through life too busy to notice that the years are flying by.

Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman:
This verse in the chores really says it:

"‘Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she’ll be gone."

Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney:

"Don't blink. Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife. Don't blink. You just might miss your babies growing like mine did..."

Your Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins:

You're gonna miss this.
You're gonna want this back.You're gonna wish these days, hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times.So take a good look around.
You may not know it now,
But you're gonna miss this.


"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

I <3 comments.