Friday, August 8, 2008

The Fair Is Almost Here

( This is our actual sign lit up...I found it on google)

Since today is 1 week until "THE GREAT DARKE COUNTY FAIR" I thought I'd let your mouth water while I list the best fair foods...in my book.



-Strawberry lemon shake-ups.

-Apple dumplin's from the stand across from the hog barn.

-Kettle corn.

-BBQ pulled pork sandwiches...w/ extra BBQ sauce.

-Sweet tea slushies.

-Melon bowls...something refreshingly healthy after all of the junk.

-Cider slushies.

-$1 hot dogs from the church stand.

-Fiske fries...best when covered in salt (and for some, vinegar).

I think there is more but I can't think of them. Our fairgrounds are huge so you can walk around and burn all of the calories you eat. ;-P

2 comments:

  1. There is nothin' like good ol' fair food! Corndogs, funnel cakes, and Tom Thumb donuts....makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't even hungry, but that sounded enticing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.