Sunday, March 16, 2008

Top Of The Mornin To Ya (must say with Irish lilt)



'I am of Ireland,

And the Holy Land of Ireland,

And time runs on,' cried she.'

Come out of charity,

Come dance with me in Ireland.'



I am Irish and very proud of it. My great-great grandfather, Andrew (hence Jared's middle name) McWilliam sailed from Ireland when he was a young lad (or so we think). One of Morgan's favorite quotes is 'white is the new tan' which is so true. We like to blame our pailness on being mainly Irish and Welsh; somehow we missed the Cheerokee that is said to run through our blood also. Happy Saint Patrick's day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's day, Olivia!!!
    I am not Irish but I do Irish dancing :)---Olivia Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivia,
    That is really cool about your sister. Does she do hard and soft shoe? And does she do any competitions? I am just starting competition dancing.
    Our teacher was in the original version of Riverdance. She is such an amazing dancer!! She took lessons from the guy who brought Irish dancing to America. We are really blessed to have her!!
    Comment me back on yours or mine's blog. BTW, why don't you dance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olivia,
    I enjoy reading your blogs. Keep up the good work.
    Aunt Marian
    PS: Why didnt you mention your Irish (red headed) Dad? LOL

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.