Thursday, March 13, 2008

Adventures In Odyssey Was The Soundtrack of My Childhood

I LOVE Adventures In Odyssey. I've been listening to then since I was probably 6. Morgan and I would listen to them to fall asleep every night. I actually sometimes still do. Morgan and I's favorite episode is Missionary Impossible from the Big Picture set. We love listening to it and saying the lines. I also love I Slap Floor from the In Your Wildest Dreams set. Bernard Walton is telling Mandy and David all kinds of crazy stories of "things they missed" while they visited their grandma for a week. It entales everything from Connie and Eugene falling in love, Whit giving horrible advice, and Bart Rathbone turning the Timothy Center into a space center that's free. Spoiler: It is an April Fools episode which is what the title spells if you unscramble the letters.

John Avery Whitaker is like the grandfather everybody always wanted; a rotund belly, a cheery laugh, a nice white mustache, and biblical advise on just about any subject. Then there's Connie with her hilarious cooking mishaps and sister like wisdom. And then there's Eugene fun and quirky is about all I can say. Two of my other favorite characters are Duane and Jared...maybe it's just because that is my dad and brother's name. Listening to them is always like visiting your home town and seeing all of your old friends. "It's a place of wonder and imagination." Any other Adventures In Odyssey fans out there?



Note: The title of this post is the title of a Facebook group. I did not come up with it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia,

    I know I'm kind of late on this, but I just wanted to let you know, "Adventures In Odyssey" was the soundtrack of MY childhood too!!! :-) I still listen to them and I'm 18! So true about Mr. Whitaker! :-) As for my favorite characters, I think they would be Eugene and Robin (or Bernard)...they make me laugh...I like to laugh! ;-)

    Shalom,

    Sydney :-) ;-) =)

    P.S. Thanks for doing your part in putting a link to the petition concerning homeschooling in CA(where I live), I really appreciate it! BTW, the Court of Appeals is taking the case and therefore the old ruling means nothing. It's all back at square one...praising God on that one! Keep praying though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there.... just telling you that i am another fan of adventures in odyssey!!!... i am currently 17 and i still listen to it anytime possible... especially when i am bored at work and all i do is listen to it... thanks so much for sharing your enjoyment... I just want you to know that there is more people who like ADVENTURES IN ODYSSEY!!!... thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments.